BOTULINUM TOXIN (BOTOX) AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Any bumps or marks caused by the injections should disappear within a few hours of the treatment.
2. Try to exercise the treated muscles for a few hours after the treatment (e.g. practice frowning, squinting and raising your eyebrows) as this will help the product to work. Avoid extreme facial expressions however.
3. Do not massage or rub the treated area for at least 48 hours. After washing the treated area, pat dry very gently with a soft towel.
4. Avoid wearing make-up for 12 hours after your treatment. For 2 weeks, avoid any beauty treatments on your face such as massages / facials.
5. Do not exercise, bend excessively or lie down for at least 4 hours after your treatment. Try to keep your head upright
6. Try to avoid exposure to strong sunlight, extreme temperatures (hot or cold) and saunas / steamrooms for2 weeks after your treatment.
7. Your anti-wrinkle injections will take on average 2 - 3 days to start working, and final results usually take around 2 weeks. This can vary from person to person
8. Remember treatment is not permanent. To maintain the effects of your anti-wrinkle injections you will need to repeat the treatment in 3 - 4 months time.